PDF eBook Description: At last, a book for every student that has wanted to become an imagineer. High school and college students will appreciate this book about the engineers that design today’s themed entertainment. Covers not only engineering/imagineering at Disney but imagineering at 200+ companies that design themed attractions. From model-making to architecture to lighting and special effects, this book is a one-of-a-kind guide for engineering in the entertainment industry. Also includes an employment resource directory complete with contact information for engineers.
- How engineers make the magic that is every theme park, amusement park, roller coaster, restaurant, aquarium, zoo, museum, cinema, or sporting event.
- What the experts have to say about preparing for this fast-paced and changeable industry.
- The challenges faced by computer, software, mechanical, structural, electrical, industrial, architectural, audio, video, and/or civil engineers everyday.
- What the future holds for the next generation of themed attraction designers.
- Large appendix of themed entertainment employers with contact information.
- Appendix of roller coaster manufacturers with employment contact information.
In this new one-of-a-kind companion career guide to her great selling title, Is There an Engineer Inside You?, engineer Celeste Baine takes you through the many facets and expectations of designing theme parks from an engineering perspective. Practical and down-to-earth, Baine cuts to the key points of applying a foundation of engineering knowledge and study to get a job engineering the magic of themed attractions. Lively and informative, The Fantastical Engineer is an indispensable tool and reference for every aspiring theme park, amusement park, and roller coaster designer.