C’s Biomedical Engineering Blast Off Laboratory! is the quick and easy way to get started teaching biomedical engineering in late elementary, middle school and early high school. Bring biomedical engineering into the classroom without the hassle of rounding up materials. Time saving and convenient, this lab is out of this world! Based on activities in Teaching Engineering Made Easy 2.
This 25 student pack includes:
- Boning Up on Bones – 25 Student Blast Pack
- In this activity, students will learn about bone strength by building models with different hard outer layers and testing them to failure.
- Keep it Moving – 25 Student Blast Pack
- In this activity, students will explore various methods to open blocked arteries.
- Prosthetic Hand – 25 Student Blast Pack
- Given limited materials and engineering constraints, students learn how to use the engineering design process to design a prosthetic hand. Students are then challenged to pick up a wad of paper while blindfolded.
- Gut Reaction – 25 Student Blast Pack
- In this activity, students will explore different aspects of swallowed medicine delivery, one of the engineering aspects of developing new medications.
- Protect Your Noggin – 25 Student Blast Pack
- In this activity, students are challenged to design a helmet that will protect their “egg head” from damage when dropped vertically. Activity supports discussions on engineering sports helmets (bicycles, softball, football, etc.) and brain injury prevention.
- 25 Sets of Student Worksheets