Mother Daughter TEA (Technology Engineering Aptitude)
Advanced Train-the-Trainer Workshop
Date: March 17, 2017 - Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
A Unique Opportunity
All Certified TEA trainers are welcome to join in this training to take your knowledge and experience to the next level. The Advanced Train the Trainer Workshop builds on the projects and activities from the first training.
A Parent/Child TEA event will be held on Saturday, March 18, 2017 to reinforce the training.
How it Works
The advanced Mother/Daughter TEA training is the next step for trainers. If you want to do more activities and build on what you already know, this is the perfect training for you!
Participants will complete four hands-on activities, take home materials kits for two of the four activities, be provided with a presentation and handouts for parents, and receive surveys and literature for grant applications.
Hands-on activities integrating science concepts, technology skills and tools, and mathematical processes provide contextual learning opportunities in a STEM environment. These activities parallel real-world engineering tasks and problem-solving opportunities. By using this powerful workshop toolkit, you will be able to show both mothers and daughters that engineering is not something to be afraid of but a realistic way to solve the problems of everyday life and a very viable career opportunity! The lessons and activities will actively engage girls in learning about engineering and our technological world by applying creativity and innovation as they complete the projects.
Celeste Baine, the workshop leader, is the winner of the Norm Augustine Award for being one of those rare individuals that can show the wonder and excitement of engineering. She is one of the top speakers on engineering education and motivating students. Celeste will make this workshop an enormous success! She is a high-energy, high content, how-to speaker. You will leave the workshop armed with instructions and materials. And, you will be ready to give your own Mother Daughter TEA workshop in your community!
The day includes:
1. Six hours of hands-on instruction (9:00-3:30)
2. Materials and resources for your own workshops:
- Participants can choose 2 out of 4 materials kits.
- 40 books and booklets for distribution during the TEA
- Jump drive of engineering presentations, resources, surveys and literature for grant applications.
- Training Binder (hard copy and electronic)
3. “TEA Advanced Certified Trainer” Certificate
This upcoming March 17 training is very special. On Friday, you will attend the advanced training. On Saturday March 18, you will have the opportunity to cement what you have learned and co-facilitate an event with up to 40 teams of parents and children from 10:00am - 2:00pm (optional).
- Additional Participants: The cost for the workshop is $499 per person and this includes two materials kits as toolkit refills (the rolling duffle bag of materials required to hold a TEA). If two teachers/instructors from the same school or area want to attend together and use the same toolkit and materials, the extra registration is only $99 each ($598 for two people.)
Training Location: Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan
Hotel Suggestions: TBA
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: