Participation Deadline Extended to August 19, 2016
Join the Engineering Education Service Center (EESC) as an Official National Partner in the 100,000 Book Give Away and share your interest in, and commitment to, engineering and engineering technology education with over 100,000 students and K12 educators.
As a partner in this program you will get:
- Printed books to give away at your conferences, events and/or competitions. Every book will contain your logo on the front and back covers along with your website in the acknowledgements.
- A customized copy of the book (pdf updated yearly) that can be offered as a free download on your website. This can increase your website traffic and also provide local involvement and a positive community service. You may add your own recruitment text to the front matter of your web copy.
- Piggyback on a National Media Campaign and gain greater exposure for your program(s).
- Deep Discounts - As a partner in the program, you will be eligible to purchase additional books to encourage engineering careers for further distribution in your region for only $5 each. Not only will you be able to offer students the ability to download the book, you can also give the printed version to your local libraries, colleges, high schools, teachers, school counselors, parents and mentors.
The books will be printed in late August for distribution in the beginning of the school year (September/October).
Website copies will be distributed to all partners upon renewal or signup. This will be a pdf that your website visitors can download to their iPads, laptops or personal computers for reading and/or printing. There are no restrictions. They may forward it to other people - that's ok too.
The Numbers Make Sense
List Price: $24.95 each. Partner Price: $7.35.
If you order 300 books, your cost is $7485. As a partner in this program, you'll receive 300 books with your logo on the front cover plus a custom copy for your website for only $2200. It's an amazing value that can put your outreach efforts in high gear. There are no other cost saving opportunities similar to this and it's only offered once a year. Don't delay!
Shipping for any quantity is $200.
Having this kind of reference on the brink of a major life decision is invaluable. Students can only make the best career decision based on available information. By working together we can make this information more accessible and have a meaningful impact on their choices.
Be a part of helping 100,000+ students make an informed decision!
- Author: Celeste Baine
- Perfect Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Engineering Education Service Center; Fifth Edition (July 22, 2016)
- ISBN-13: 978-0-692-72619-8
Is There an Engineer Inside You? is the world’s most popular engineering career guide with over 80,000 copies sold. Now, in this new 5th edition, you will learn:
- Why you already have the ability to be an engineer
- Why an engineering education is so valuable
- The differences between each branch of engineering
- The differences between engineering and engineering technology
- How to succeed in engineering school
- How women and minorities are getting ahead in engineering
- How you can change the world as an engineer
- About sports, music, animal and sustainable engineering
- About alternatives to traditional engineering
Turn yourself into a top-notch engineering student and become a successful engineer with the ideas and information in this one-of-a-kind resource. Get yourself on the path to a challenging, rewarding, and prosperous career as an engineer by getting inside each discipline, learning the differences and making educated choices. Updated and now covering 45 different branches of engineering and engineering technology, Is There an Engineer Inside You? is packed with suggestions and has tremendous advice on thriving in an engineering student environment.
Table of Contents
Part I, What is Engineering?
- Surf's Up in Engineering
- It’s Not All About Math
- What Do They Do?
- Engineers are Creative?
- What Does an Engineer Look Like?
- Why Chooses Engineering
- Your Success Depends on You
- SUMMER CAMPS
- STUDENT COMPETITIONS/CONTESTS
- ENGINEERING PROJECTS IN COMMUNIY SERVICE
- Match Your Personality
- Assess Yourself
Choosing Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Engineering Technologist & Technician Functions
- Engineering Technologists
- Engineering Technicians
What is a Professional Engineer?
Gearing Up for College
- Community College Programs
- Four Year Colleges and Universities
- Articulation agreements
- Engineering Curricula
- Manage Your Time
- Study Smart
- Find a Mentor
Choosing the Right School
- Accelerated Programs
- Co-ops and Internships
Women in Engineering
Minorities in Engineering
“Wow!” Careers in Engineering
- Peace Corps
- Engineers Without Borders
- Sports Equipment Design
- Music Engineering
- Green Energy Engineering
- Space Engineering
- Engineering for Animal Health
- Engineering in Business
- Inventing Products
- Feature Article - Invent it Today!
- Engineers in Politics
- Feature Article - George Washington ‑ The First U.S. Engineer
- The Bachelor of Art in Engineering
Part II, The Many Faces of Engineering
- Salary Information
- Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering
- Feature Article - Aerospace grad making his mark on the game of golf -- and on the golf ball
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Feature Article - Oceans of Opportunity
- Architectural Engineering
- Audio Engineering
- Feature Article - Gaming Sound Engineering
- Additional Career Tracks
- Automotive Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Additional Career Tracks
- Biomedical Engineering Technology
- Ceramic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Civil or Construction Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- The Footsteps of an Electrical Engineer
- Electronic / Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electromechanical Engineering Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- The Footsteps of an Environmental Engineer
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering Technology
- Food Engineering
- Feature Article - Food for Thought - The Engineer Who Came to Dinner
- Heating, Ventilating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineering
- Feature Article - Refrigeration, Milton Garland: One “Cool” Engineer
- Industrial Engineering
- Industrial Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Marine Engineering Technology
- Materials Engineering
- Feature Article - Smart Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Metallurgical Engineering
- The Footsteps of a Metallurgical Engineer
- Naval Architecture
- Nuclear Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Plastics Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Welding Engineering Technology
- 50 Reasons to Become an Engineer
- ABET Accredited Programs in Engineering
- ABET Accredited Programs in Engineering Technology
- Bibliography/ Recommended Reading
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: