Engineering Education Service Center (EESC) Spring 2014 Poster Contest!
The EESC’s Spring 2014 poster contest will include four themes. You may enter any theme up to three times. Posters should be fun, motivational and inspire students to pursue a degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
Category 1: “Applied Science” – Posters should depict careers that use science, math, and engineering concepts to recognize, prevent, and solve problems in society. Content can be on any STEM degree that focuses on applying engineering principles such as geomatics, health physics, industrial hygiene, mapping and surveying, and safety.
Category 2: “Computing” – The science of computing is concerned with using computers to solve problems. Posters should focus on careers in computer science, information systems, information technology, and related fields.
Category 3: “Engineering” – Engineering is using science, math, technology, creativity, communication and teamwork to solve problems. Posters should focus on careers in engineering.
Category 4: “Engineering Technology” – Engineering Technology is applied engineering. Technologists and technicians are hands-on people who provide an applied focus to problem solving.
Contest ends at 11:59 pm on April 9, 2014. Deadline Extended!
Winners will receive:
Grand Prize: $200 Cash, Second Place: $100 Cash, Third Place: $50 Cash
Honorable mentions to be awarded at judges' discretion.
All winners will also receive a certificate.
All contestants should design their posters at 24"x36", 300 dpi and then save a copy that is 450x675 pixels @72 dpi for initial submission. Nothing is worse than being selected as a winner and not having your poster ready or worse yet, not being able to recreate what you made at a lower resolution. Be sure that each picture or element in your poster is also 300 dpi. The timeline from winning notification to submission is very tight (just a few days) so be ready if you are a winner.
Official Contest Rules:
1. Winning entries are those that best reflect the theme. Winners are selected based on creativity, imagination, and the ability to inspire from among qualified entries.
2. All qualified entries received by 11:59pm on April 2, 2014 are eligible for the prizes.
3. No purchase is necessary, Must be 18 or older to enter. If under 18, a parent or guardian must submit your poster on your behalf. Anyone can enter although contest is primarily for high school and college students. Elementary and middle school students can also enter.
4. This offer void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
5. Previously published posters are not acceptable.
6. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries submitted.
7. Contestants must know the names and addresses of all identifiable people in their posters. In addition, all people in the poster must know that their image is being submitted in this contest.
8. Posters submitted that don’t meet the submission requirements will be disqualified.
9. All personal expenses incurred while producing the poster are the responsibility of the contestant.
10. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of notification. If not claimed, the prizes will be forfeited.
11. All artwork must be original and each winner must agree that his of her name, likeness, city, and winning poster may be used by the EESC for promotional and publication purposes without additional compensation. Prior to receiving prizes, each winner will be required to sign a release provided by the EESC to this effect and obtain a release or permission from anyone with proprietary rights in the winning poster. Refusal or inability to provide such releases will result in disqualification and all prizes will be forfeited.
12. The EESC reserves the right to cancel or suspend the contest should any cause beyond the control of the EESC affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity of the contest, or for any reason it deems appropriate, at its sole discretion.
13. Each contestant may enter up to three posters.