The objective of the 100,000 Book Give-Away is to distribute 100,000 copies of Is There an Engineer Inside You?, the leading book on careers in engineering and engineering technology, to students, parents, school counselors, mentors and educators over 5 years.
How Books are Distributed
- Partners will each receive 300+ copies to distribute in their communities to students, teachers, educators, or school counselors at any type of engineering event.
- A customized copy of the book can be offered as a free download on each partner’s website.
- A minimum of 1000 printed books will be donated to K-12 teachers and school counselors by Celeste Baine at conferences and engineering events.
The 100K Book Give-Away is an amazing program designed to help you easily expand your outreach, save money, save time, and provide a proven reference to students, parents, educators, counselors and mentors in your community. By distributing this book, recipients will have a resource that demystifies and promotes the profession while increasing awareness of engineering careers and opportunities.
Participation Deadline: August 8, 2016
My very first book, Is There an Engineer Inside You?
has been released in an updated fifth edition. It now covers 45 different types of engineering and engineering technology, college options, how to succeed in engineering school, women and minorities in engineering, alternative careers in engineering, salary information and much more.
I wrote the first edition when I was in engineering school. It was the book I wished I’d had when making the decision to go to school. I wrote it because I wanted my fellow students to know what they were getting into and have a clear idea about all the amazing pathways that engineers could follow. It contains information I couldn’t find anywhere.
Some features of this book include helping students choose between engineering and engineering technology; information about college choices, engineering curricula, and articulation agreements; alternatives to traditional engineering such as Engineers Without Borders, Peace Corps, music engineers, entrepreneurial engineers and engineers in politics; and eleven discipline specific sections on engineering technology.
To celebrate the occasion I have several opportunities to entice you:
- For every educator who orders this new edition before the publication date (July 22, 2016), you will also receive an Engineering 101 PowerPoint presentation that you can use in class to explain engineering and engineering technology. It’s a broad overview of the book that is colorful, engaging, and designed to save you time. (A download link will be sent when the book ships.)
- For the first time, you can also now order small quantities of Is There an Engineer Inside You? with your logo on the front and backs covers at a discount by joining in the yearly printing that takes place in August.
Please join my celebration! As you probably know from the Next Generation Science Standards, engineering is now a bigger part of the educational landscape. Is There an Engineer Inside You?
will help you keep the ball rolling!