Mother/Daughter TEA (Technology Engineering Aptitude)
Advanced Train the Trainer Workshop
Training Date Just Added!
February 19, 2016 – Tulsa, OK
All Certified TEA trainers are welcome to join in this training to take your knowledge and experience to the next level. The Advanced Train the Trainer Workshop builds on the projects and activities from the first training. Only participants who have attended the first training may come to the advanced training.
- Customized Materials for their Toolkits
- 40 copies of Is There an Engineer Inside You?
- A Jump Drive of Engineering Presentations, Surveys, Literature and Grant Application Resources
- A Training Binder
- A Certificate of Completion
The advanced Mother/Daughter TEA training is the next step for trainers. If you want to do more activities and build on what you already know, this is the perfect training for you!
Participants will complete four hands-on activities, take home materials kits for two of the four activities, be provided with a presentation and handouts for parents, and receive surveys and literature for grant applications.
Hands-on activities integrating science concepts, technology skills and tools, and mathematical processes provide contextual learning opportunities in a STEM environment. These activities parallel real-world engineering tasks and problem-solving opportunities. By using this powerful workshop toolkit, you will be able to show both mothers and daughters that engineering is not something to be afraid of but a realistic way to solve the problems of everyday life and a very viable career opportunity! The lessons and activities will actively engage girls in learning about engineering and our technological world by applying creativity and innovation as they complete the projects.
Celeste Baine, the workshop leader, is the winner of the Norm Augustine Award for being one of those rare individuals that can show the wonder and excitement of engineering. She is one of the top speakers on engineering education and motivating students. Celeste will make this workshop an enormous success! She is a high-energy, high content, how-to speaker. You will leave the workshop armed with instructions and materials.
The day includes:
1. Six hours of hands-on instruction
2. Materials and resources for your own workshops:
- Participants can choose 2 out of 4 materials kits.
- 40 copies of Is There an Engineer Inside You? for distribution during the TEA
- Jump drive of engineering presentations, resources, surveys and literature for grant applications.
- Training Binder (hard copy and electronic)
3. “TEA Advanced Certified Trainer” Certificate
Training Cost: $499/person